l l l

Primary Contact

316 Mile Long Building

Amorsolo Street

Legaspi Village

Makati City

1200 Philippines

Telephone: (632) 8941441

TeleFax: (632) 8124296



Office Hours

9:30AM to 5:30PM PH Time

Monday - Friday



Living and working in the Philippines




Tourist Visa
If you intend to stay in the Philippines longer than twenty-one (21) days, a visa must be secured. A fifty-nine(59) day visa can be obtained at the Philippine Consular Office which has jurisdiction over your area before traveling to the Philippines. If you are already in the Philippines, you may file for a 38-day visa waiver (entry 21 days + 38 day waiver = 59 days). Visa waivers are issued at the Bureau of Immigration, in Intramuros, Manila before the expiration date of your authorized stay or with one of their sub-ports in these cities throughout the Philippines. Tourist visas are issued under three main classifications:

  • Pleasure. For tourists and other visitors to the Philippines. It cannot be used to engage in gainful employment or for business, or to take up educational courses in any learning institution in the Philippines. more

  • Business. The purpose of the temporary stay is to search for areas of investment. It does not allow you to engage in any activity which may be considered a form of gainful employment. more
    Health. This is granted to those whose intention is to convalesce from a serious injury or illness. The illness, however, should not be contagious or dangerous.

If in the US, apply at a Philippine Consulate. If in the Philippines, apply through the BI-Intramuros or a sub-port. Requirements:

1. Passport with a minimum validity of six (6) months beyond

applicant’s stay in the Philippines;

2. Completed application form;

3. One (1) passport-size photo signed at the back by the applicant. If the applicant is a minor (still unable to sign) the photograph must be signed at the back by either parent after first printing the minor’s name;

4. Photocopy of applicant’s plane ticket or confirmed itinerary;

5. Visa Application Fee

6. Additional requirement for business visa: Company letter of sponsorship

Please note that the Philippine Consular Officer may require (1) the personal appearance of an applicant for interview and (2) the submission of additional supporting documents, as he/she may deem fit under the circumstances.  Minors (below 15 years old) traveling to the Philippines unaccompanied by a parent or not joining a parent in the Philippines may have to acquire a waiver of exclusion from BI.

Alien Certificate Registration
Foreign nationals who plan to stay in the Philippines for 30 days or more are required to register with the Philippine Bureau of Immigration and be fingerprinted. The registration of foreign nationals is compulsory and failure to register could result in a fine.

The following is the ACR application procedure:

File an application form in your place of residence, either with the Immigration District Office or the main office of the Bureau of Immigration in Manila. Submit the E-series ACR form in triplicate; and Provide 3 2" x 2" pictures. 

Exit Clearances
If you meet the following classifications below, you will need to follow the instructions and apply for the proper exit clearance at one of the five BI regional offices. Sub-ports cannot process exit clearance permits. All fees and conditions are subject to change. Normal processing time of 4-5 business days (expedite option available in most cases for +Php500).

Tourist: 59 days - 6 months
Tourists staying more than 59 days but less than 6 months must pay an exit clearance fee of Php 1,210. If your date of departure is certain, this can be paid through one of the five BI regional offices; otherwise, the exit fee can be paid at the airport upon your departure.

Tourist 6 months+
Tourists staying more than 6 months must obtain an Exit  Clearance Certificate (ECC) from BI. You must submit the proper form along with 3 passport-sized photographs and the fee of Php 1,000.

Permanent residents temporarily leaving the country must apply for a re-entry permit with BI. Applicant must submit 3 passport-sized photographs, proof of residency status, and the fee of Php 3,470.

Bureau of Immigration Regional Offices

BI Main Office. Magallanes Drive, Intramuros

Manila. Tel (011-63-2)527-5657.

BI PEZA (Philippine Economic Zone Authority) Office

Ground floor, Almeda Building, Roxas Boulevard & San Luis Street

Pasay City. Tel (011-63-2)897-6682.

BOI (Board of Investments) Office

Ground floor. Industry & Investments Building

385 Sen. Gil J. Puyat Ave.,

 Makati. Tel (011-63-2)897-6682.

BI Regional Office. P Burgos Street, Tribunal, Mandaue City Cebu

Tel (011-63-32)345-6442/6443/6444.


BI Regional Office - Davao. BI Building, JP Laurel Ave.,

Bajada, Davao City

Tel (011-63-82)300-7258.











   Contact Us



  Site Map




Guzman Tañedo & Acain Law Offices
316 Mile Long Building, Amorsolo Street, Makati City, Philippines - Telephone: 894.14.41; Telefax: 812.42.96

All Rights Reserved