Visa options for foreigners who intend to stay in Philippines for work or for good

The commonly used visa that we apply for our clients is non-quota immigrant visa. This visa can be obtained by reason of marriage to a Filipino pursuant to Section 13(a) of the Philippine Immigration Act of 1940 – or 13(a) visa. But there are other options aside from 13(a) visa. Please see the list of visas below which can also be applicable in your situation.

1. Employment Visa 9(g)

2. Quota Immigrant Visa

3. Retirement Visa

4. Treaty Trader

5. Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)

6. Special Investor’s Resident Visa

7. Special non-immigrant visa pursuant to 47(a)2

8. Dual Citizenship

9. Special Non-immigrant visa pursuant to P.D. 226

10. Special Non-immigrant visa pursuant to P.D. 1034

11. Special Work Visa issued by SBMA and CSPEZ

12. Special Work Permit

The Petition for recognition as Filipino and Dual citizenship can only be availed of by former natural-born Filipino citizens.A special non-immigrant visa pursuant 47(a)2 of the Philippine Immigration Act is usually issued to those aliens who are working in companies which are duly registered with the Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA), the Board of Investments (BOI) or those assigned to work in government projects.

If you have questions regarding this post, please feel free to contact us.


Financing, Lending companies, Investment Houses and Adjustment companies can now be owned 100% by foreigners

Immigration Blacklist: Interpol Green Notice

What is your legal remedy if your name is included in the immigration blacklist?

One comment: On Visa options for foreigners who intend to stay in Philippines for work or for good

  • I’m a Naturalized American Citizen who is currently abroad under orders and my family have been authorized, under orders, to reside in the Philippines. My wife is a green card holder but my son was born in the U.S. hence he is an American Citizen. Can my 3 year old son stay in the Philippines with my wife while I’m deployed? How long can he stay in the Philippies? What does he need to have in order to legally stay in the Philippines? What Law or policy does this fall under to? Where can I find this Law or Regulations? Please Advise, thank you.

Leave a reply:

Site Footer