Tell-tale signs that your husband is psychologically incapacitated

Psychological Incapacity - Article 36 of the Family Code
Psychological Incapacity – Article 36 of the Family Code

For those who may not know, psychological incapacity is one of the grounds to nullify a marriage pursuant to Article 36 of the Family Code.

I have reviewed the various psychological reports prepared by our psychiatrist, DR. RODNEY FP DALISAY, MD, Diplomate, Philippine Board of Psychiatry, for our cleints in annulment cases. In the course of my review, I have noticed that most of the common psychological incapacity disorders for male respondents is Narcissistic Personality Disorder. A person with this personality disorder usually manifests the following symptoms:

1. Grandiose sense of self-importance: a)Hangs out with his friends more often than with his wife and family.

2.Preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty or ideal love.

3. Requires excessive admiration.

4. Sense of entitlement: a) Spends most of his time hanging out with his barkada; b) Let others solve his problems as if it is their obligation; c) Hooked on illicit drugs; and  d) Sold anything of value to finance his vices.

4.Interpersonally exploitative: a) Shows kindness on the outside but has an ulterior motive; b) Blackmails his wife with empty promises to amend his old ways to get what he wants.

5. Lacks empathy.

6. Often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him

7. Arrogance, haughty behavior: a) Can be nice to people especially when he needs something; b) Irritable, argumentative and short-tempered when what he wants are not met; c) Shuns away from problems and let others solve them for him; and d) Forced his wife to have sexual intercourse with him despite her refusal.

8. Belief that he is special and unique: a) Usually a black sheep in the family; b) Admitted to his wife that he cannot anymore change his ways.

If you have questions regarding this post, please feel free to contact us.


3 comments: On Tell-tale signs that your husband is psychologically incapacitated

  • I’m Pilipino and my husband is american citizen and also we got married to time in philippines 2x civil and church. Also i’m not american citizen yet..

    My problem is how can i file an anulment?
    How is it long to approved the seperation as well?

  • Please anyone can help me.

  • Dear Melissa,

    In my opinion, filing the Divorce Petition in the U.S. is more convenient for the two of you. But then, you have to convince your husband to initiate the filing of the Petition in the United States. If the Divorce is granted, your marriage in the Philippines will also be dissolved thereby allowing you to remarry in accordance with Article 26 paragraph 2 of the Family Code.

    However, if your husband will not cooperate and the filing of the Petition for Annulment in the Philippines is your only option, you can still file the Petition here even if you are residing in the United States. Please read our Article entitled “Solutions for Petitioners residing Overseas”, if you want to know how. Please follow the link below:

Leave a reply:

Site Footer